11th July 2012
Post with 8 notes
Today, a patch for HD Collection was released. I am going to play both, SH2 and SH3 to let you know about what they fixed and sadly, about what they DID NOT fix.
I’ve taken a bunch of videos and pictures, to illustrate what’s better and what’s not so much better. At this point, the worst points have to do with SH2.
First is the intro, and the CGs in general. They are stretched and pixellized AND losing color quality even. If you play the intro with the new dubbing, you will also hear the voice acting ONLY during the jail scene. Which is sad.
Second, the translation mistakes. There are still a lot of translation mistakes if you play the Spanish version, mistakes that make me want to burn my eyes. I guess they couldn’t care less about it.
Positive things (pics and videos to come):
- James doesn’t sound mechanical anymore when he’s out of air. His running is much more smoothly and the animation doesn’t lag
- The streets look dirtier, the fog in the distance is not so abrupt (they’ve smoothened it out) so you can see better than before. No wall-o-fog anymore
- The game has a kind of noise filter in the screen, similar to SH3, which adds to the whole atmosphere
- The black screen time between closing and opening the menu has been reduced
- I still get black screens when playing the new dub, but they are more scarce
- The patient demons don’t sound mechanical anymore
- One of the biggest concerns, Douglas is finally shaded again
- While no orange fog back, the fog is denser now and we can’t see the “background” as easily as before
- The metal looks rustier
- Heather doesn’t lag as much when there are many enemies at once in screen. During the whole beginning, it has only stopped a little once, but nothing like lagging.
- Sound all in all sounds more syncronized